Participation and Resources
John is committed both professionally and personally to serving not-for-profit organizations and knows firsthand the challenges these organizations face through his involvement on a number of local not-for-profit boards. To keep board members and not-for-profit executives abreast of issues of the not-for-profit community he provides periodic educational seminars through local and national not-for-profit trade organizations.
- What Board Committees You Should Have and How to Use Them Effectively
- Providing Financial Information to your Board Using Dashboards
- Reserves for the Future: How Much is Enough?
- Not-for-Profit Board Governance – Audit Committee Structure and Responsibilities
- Potential Fraud “Increased Risk Due to the Economy”
- Not-for-Profit Financial Reporting: What You Need to Know
- Guidance for Endowments of Not-for-Profit Organizations impacted by UPMIFA and Related Reporting Changes
- Board Governance Not-for-Profit Executive Seminar
- The Attorney General’s Priorities for Not-for-Profit Oversight
- Internal Controls: what you’ve always wanted to know
- Board Governance: Are you ahead of the curve?
- Credit and Debt Opportunities: Are you fully leveraging them?
- Money Matters: A Discussion of Today’s Endowment Issues
- Enhancing Oversight of Alternative Investments
- Latest Trends in Not-for-Profit Board Governance
- New and Proposed Accounting Pronouncements Impacting Not-for-Profits